Ericka Zacarías, Ph.D.
Ericka is a Biologist graduated from Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia in Peru. She received her M.Sc. in Genetics from University of Dublin-Trinity College in Ireland, where she worked in the Molecular Characterization of NAC85 transcription factor in Arabidopsis thaliana. She has more than 10 years of Research experience in Plant Molecular Biology working in different laboratories, such as the Algal Genetics lab, Plant transformation facility, and the Department of Nutrition and Health Science at the University of Nebraska, Lincoln, USA. Before she joined Yachay Tech as a tutor of Biology in 2016, she worked in the Plant and Algal Genetics group at the University of Sao Paulo in Brazil.
During her career, Ericka has received several scholarships and awards. Her licentiate degree thesis was qualified as Outstanding, UPCH – Peru. She obtained the Trinity College Postgraduate award to pursue her Master degree, TCD – Ireland. She also got an Undergraduate Research Fellowship from the International Potato Center, Lima- Peru.
- Molecular Plant Development
- Plant Genetic Engineering
- Bioinformatics and Molecular evolution
- Nutrition Science
- Zacarias E. Almeida J and Casas-Mollano JA. 2016. Evolution of epigenetic mechanisms in plants: insights from H3K4 and H3K27 methyltransferases. In Tollefsbol, T. Ed. Handbook of Epigenetics 2nd edition. Elsevier. Accepted.
- Casas Mollano JA, Zacarias E, Ma X, Kim EJ and Cerutti H. 2016. RNA-mediated silencing in eukaryotes: evolution of protein components and biological roles. In G. Hernández and R. Jagus (Eds), Evolution of the Protein Synthesis Machinery and Its Regulation. Springer International Publishing, Switzerland.
- Zacarias E. 2002. Molecular analysis of NAC85, a member of the NAC domain family of Transcription factors in Arabidopsis thaliana. M.Sc. Thesis. University of Dublin – Ireland.